In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 25, 2022

Black Friday

 I am not shopping today. Actually, I am doing very little today--the tree is up and (mostly) decorated and I decided to enjoy it instead of bustling around.

We had a quiet day yesterday since we'd already had our family Thanksgiving. I spent most of the afternoon making these tiny things that look a little like pink tadpoles.

We learned four different ways to wrap wire for the stumpwork class I'm taking. They are majorly fiddly, but I do believe this us a very useful technique. The basic wrapped wires are frequently used to make hands in stumpwork pieces. I did the tendrils with three different twists as an experiment to see which I liked the best, then decided that each one could serve a different purpose. We also learned how to add beads--and I do not believe I want to have that experience again--no, wait, maybe I do. The last technique works over twisted wire. I think maybe adding beads to a twisted wire could look like a branch with spring buds on it. 

Anyway, my hands were not very happy--you have to hold everything very tightly while wrapping, and I do have touch of arthritis in my fingers--and that may be another reason to let them rest today.

2 comments: