In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Eye Candy

I bought myself some books for Christmas this year, and this is the first--simply full of eye candy for the stitcher.


 Every couple of years, Inspirations magazine publishes a collection of lovely needlework projects, and this is the most recent addition.

Yes, I would like to stitch my way from cover to cover, but this is my favorite:

Alison Cole--stitched flowers--totally free-standing, dimensional embroidery. Just amazing!

Meanwhile, I am still working on couching and plunging gold threads on my online goldwork class. I made the mistake of counting the ends on the simplest motif--there are 28 of them The other motifs have more. My fingers and hands require a break periodically, so this going to take awhile.

It's a learning experience. I am also learning patience. At least I hope I'm learning patience and the embroidery hoop won't become a Frisbee before I finish.

1 comment: