In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming

 The last week was full of cleaning and cooking and company--and then there was the let-down after all the cleaning and cooking and company were over--and I'm finally getting back to normal. We have a few weeks before we go through all that again, so we stepping back into our rut.

There has been some stitching:

A few more rows on the mini-sampler that will fit into the drawer in Be Still My Heart. Again, this is really mini--the rows are worked over two threads. Looking ahead, I believe there may be a new rows worked over three. I don't think they will look any larger--but then again, I don't believe I've ever worked a sampler quite this delicate.


One of the pin cushions that will sit on top of Be Still is almost done. When I get the other stitched, I think I'll go ahead and assemble them. The insides for the big drawer are done already--and I'm thinking that putting parts together as I stitch them may be the way to overcome some of the finishing phobias I have.

And there has been some stash enhancement. Rachael Kinnison's 2022 limited edition ornament arrived. She has a few kits left . . . 

Just look at all those luscious filament silks!

Of course, I am now on my sugar scrub/heavy duty hand creme regimen, since filament silks will snag on anything the least bit rough on your hands.

At the moment, I am thinking I may start some Christmas ornament stitching. Do I believe I'll get this done in time for Christmas? Probably not, but I may be able to get my Alison Cole and Barbara Jackson ornaments done, and a good start on this. Maybe if I focus on ornaments and my online classes and don't get distracted by something else . . . well, we'll see, won't we?


2 comments:

  1. I really love your new stitch; it's very pretty love it.
    Lovely silk threads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces are looking good, Ann. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete