In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Eye Candy 2

 The next addition to my needlework library is Jenny Adin-Christie's Fine Whitework book, written to coincide with the Royal School of Needlework's 150th anniversary.

And it is very fine, indeed!

Whitework is one of those needlework disciplines I wish I had started to explore twenty years ago when eyes and hands were more cooperative. However, I think I can try some of the techniques in the book--if you've ever stitched one of Jenny's projects, you know how detailed her directions are.

I may not get good enough to do a creditable job on this:

but I can definitely admire the skill! And I think I can do some of the other, easier projects in the book, with Jenny's directions to guide me.

2 comments: