Here is the final "B" for the back of my Bluebird Needlecase.
This is the third attempt.
I found a similar letter, but without the flowers. It was smaller, so I thought I would cross stitch it over two threads.
That looked too big and clunky, especially since everything else is over one.
So, it was ripped out.
Then I found another, flowing Italic B. I loved it. I counted out the stitches and it was too big so I didn't even stick the needle into the fabric.
Then I found this one. I liked the lines and thought the spray of flowers at the base would go well with the filigree at top and bottom. And I counted wrong and it was too far over to the right. So I ripped it out.
Finally I did what I should have done before I started stitching. I basted the center lines, found the center of the letter, and stitched from the middle out. At this point, it was after midnight and I could no longer focus my eyes. This morning, before I even had the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, I plopped myself down in the wing chair and got it finished.
I'm finally completely ready for the second lesson! (The project has four lessons, and the online class ended over a month ago. Sigh . . .)