In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Head Cold

Not sure if it was caused by an overdose of turkey sandwiches, if I've been fighting off a cold (stuffy head with occasional explosive sneezes and generally achy feeling), or if it involved my eyeball and brain trying to coordinate the changes in my vision, but I have been all but comatose for the last four days.

Now I had planned to try to blog every day in November. I was not going to announce it before the fact, I was just going to try and see if it worked, then announce the attempt next year.  However, it is very hard to blog about stitching (or anything else) if you've spent several days wrapped in an afghan propped up in the wing chair.  Periodically I would have a turkey sandwich (with cranberry sauce), then go back to . . .nothing.

Pitiful.

Just pitiful.

What I had planned to do was chain myself to the sewing machine and ironing board.  I literally have a basket full of smalls that need to be made into something useful instead of pretty little bits of embroidery. And I love smalls, especially the ones that have neat little pockets and slots for things and things that go into the slots and pockets.  Realistically, how many toys does anyone really need--but they're just so much fun to play with!  And so pretty!  Ever since we decided a quiet Thanksgiving was in order, I planned to spend the time assembling. That did not happen.

Today I stirred myself enough to make some lists and start gathering clothes together since we're leaving for Christmas in Williamsburg before the sun rises on Wednesday.  They open the storage drawers in the textile department on Wednesday afternoons--I don't think any samplers have been added since I was there in February, but it's still fun to look.  We are planning to arrive early enough to have lunch in the museum cafe, then I'm going to drag Dearly Beloved around to look at samplers and doll houses. Then I will go with him to look at guns and muskets.

Meanwhile, I believe I will have another glass of orange juice.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect the headaches are due to visual cortex realignment. New glasses sometimes have the same effect.

    Hope you are on the mend now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you wake on Wednesday full of vim and vigor. Some of my friends will be joining you in Williamsburg. Maybe I will, too, next year!

    ReplyDelete