In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Olympic Stitching--Not!

 This is all I've managed to stitch in the last few days.


Pitiful, just pitiful.

I literally cannot tear my eyes away during some of the competitions, especially the gymnastics. This means that I can't watch my stitching at all, so I've just decided to watch and not even think about threading a needle during certain sports.

At the moment, though, Dearly Beloved is watching fencing, which I do not understand. Everything happens super fast, then a bunch of people in blue suits go look at a computer screen, then one of them comes up a short flight of steps and waves a hand, and then the fencers start over again. Dearly Beloved and the Big Kid used to fence, so he gets what's happening and has tried to explain, but his explanations sometimes go back to the Middle Ages in France and Italy and beyond. I glaze over after about the first 15 minutes of the lecture.

And I still have no clue what's going on.

I may actually get some stitching done today.


3 comments:

  1. Yes we are all watching the sport , and now the sun is out we can't win.
    Needle work is looking very pretty, Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to ignore mansplainingšŸ¤£

    ReplyDelete