In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 15, 2024

So close . . .


So very close to having this motif finished.

Actually, all I have to do is plunge the ends and sew them down on the back and this will be done.

And I have learned several things about Or Nue and me.

  • If I stand at least five feet away and don't use magnification or the camera lens to see the motif, if doesn't look half bad. It doesn't look half good, either, but I'll take what I can get.
  • Not only am I incapable of drawing a straight line, I also can't stitch a straight line.
  • I do not foresee much Or Nue in my future. Now that I've said that, the next seventeen projects I want to do will have Or Nue as a major design element.
I spent most of the day hunched over my embroidery hoop because I was determined to get this done, done, DONE. The result is that my back has said enough for today. I am going to lean back in the wing chair, hold my linen right next to my nose, stretch my legs out on the ottoman, and work on No Place Like Home.

After, of course, we dine on Julia Child's crab quiche. Today is her birthday, and I always pull out Mastering the Art of French Cooking and bake her quiche on August 15.

And that will be the extent of my Domestic Diva tasks today. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic , well done , Hugs June .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This motif looks incredible, Ann. Hope your back is less stiff today.

    ReplyDelete