In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Taking the Plunge

 I have lots and lots of thread ends to plunge to the back of the work and sew down.


I have stitched both diaper patterns, and it will be time to move on to a different but similar technique with the next motif as soon as I get all the excess thread taken care of.  To be honest, after spending most of the afternoon watching track and field, I am exhausted. I realized I was holding my breath in each event, which I don't think helped any of the athletes, but certainly wore me out! So the ends will be dealt with in the morning.

I was asked what a diaper pattern is. In this context, it means a repeating geometric pattern--the top one is a fairly simple zigzag (maybe fairly simple for some people, but I had a bear of a time getting it going correctly), and the bottom is a diamond pattern, which I think I would have had less trouble with if I had alternated colors. And I still need to work on my tension, but it's better overall than it was, so I'm counting that as a win.

My version of the Olympics!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks lovely , how you do all ?
    Enjoy your week hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sections are pretty, Ann. Thank you again for the explanation! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete