In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Ups and Downs


This band on Carmen pretty much sums up the way I feel. It's been one of those up-and-down days.

I didn't sleep well last night, then I've had a little, nagging headache all day. I decided maybe I shouldn't attempt Or Nue on my goldwork sampler, especially since it's a technique I have done exactly once previously, and that was close to two decades ago. 

Then we've been watching Debby's track off and on; we're in her path although we're in the middle of the state. Depending on which weather witch doctor you watch, we're supposed to get anywhere from 2" to 10" of rain and there's a slight chance of tornadoes in our area. 

This is one of those days when I'd like to make a trip to Krispy Kreme. But only when the Hot sign is on--I believe a hot doughnut, fresh out of the fat and off the glazing table, might just elevate my overall mood.

2 comments:

  1. Carmen is looking good, Ann. I hope you are not impacted by Debby. Stay safe and hope you don't lose power. Please eat a Krispy Kreme for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carmen. She is a beauty Robin inNJ

    ReplyDelete