In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, September 24, 2022

Twisting and Turning

This week has not been a good one for stitching in any way, shape, or form--but I managed to assemble Tribute's Tiniest Things. 


 Actually, I had to make a couple of changes in the finishing.

When I took this as an early bird class at Christmas in Williamsburg some years ago, we were supposed to get a package of ribbons as part of the kit. Keep in mind that we were in a mass class, sitting shoulder to shoulder with about 15" of work space in front of us. It was easy for things to become confused, and I have a feeling that my ribbon package may have gone home with someone else. There was supposed to be a narrow ribbon that would be used with another length of ribbon for the scissor fob, and another that would go around the outer edge of the pin wheel.

So, I spent some time rummaging in the stash for ribbons that would work. Once I realized I didn't have something I could use, I spent some more time looking for additional Creme in AVAS. Lo and behold, that I had, actually, a couple of skeins. Wonder why I had that . . . anyway, I ended up making twisted cords and using them in place of ribbon.

So second thing out of the finishing basket. The next two projects on top are the Tasmanian Needle Tidy and the Carmen Etui. Both look like they are going to be relatively easy to assemble.

Famous last words . . . 

Hopefully, I will get back on track with blogging this week. We're still having issues loading photos---and, of course, I need to stitch to have something to blog. I'm going to work on that, too.

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet little finishes...I like the cording!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious finishes, Ann! I like the look of your cording.

    ReplyDelete