In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, September 16, 2022

Seeing Red

While I was in an altered state of consciousness during the Prep for the Procedure, I ordered some kits from Inspirations. They arrived yesterday.

And this is the first of them:


 I do love this dark red, and I'm happy to find out that it's available in several different thread weights--and the tape is printed with that red outline (from looking at the photo, I was afraid it would have to be stitched) and the piece of linen is quite lovely--so I'm looking forward to starting this.

Meanwhile, I've been putting Tribute together:

 

The box part is attached, but I'm having some issues with the closure. There are magnets to hold the lid in place, but it doesn't seem to hold when the lid is down. It "clicks" so I have the magnets positioned correctly, but they aren't holding.

It may have something to do with the thickness of the two pieces that I'm trying to bring together. There are several layers of material between each magnet, and then there are more layers that have to be folded down and enclosed by the lid. 

What may help is getting the iron out and pressing everything as flat as possible. I do want the layers to be a little crisper than they are, so I was planning to do that anyway. If that doesn't work, I believe I'll just add a button and a short twisted cord and close it that way.

I am generally a slave to the directions as written but on occasion, I do take artistic license.

Usually because I screwed up following the directions . . . 






1 comment:

  1. Tribute is looking good. What a lovely assortment of red pieces to stitch! Enjoy your weekend, Ann!

    ReplyDelete