In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Coming Up Roses

 I took a long (for me and my wonky knees) walk yesterday, and today they announced that standing at the ironing board was not going to happen, which means that assembly isn't happening today.

So I'm growing roses on Hold Dear, one of the classes I took at Salty Yarns in April.


I'd love to get all of them stitched today so I can start adding the foliage. I think they'll look more like roses once that happens.

I am thinking that once this piece is done, I'll get the rest of the innards of the box where this will live put together. It occurred to me that if I finish parts as I go, final assembly won't be quite so overwhelming. The problem is that I love the embroidery, and I love playing with the finished project, but I don't love the part between the embroidery and the enjoyment.

And that's why I end up with an overflowing basket of things that need to be put together.


2 comments: