In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

 I finally felt enough like myself after The Prep and The Procedure to thread a needle last night.

At the moment, this looks a little messy, but it's the beginning of the interior lining for Tribute. I'm going to start working on the exterior panels today and we'll see how far I get with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Jackie du Plessis could have been an engineer or architect. I'm always amazed by the way things go together. This is another one of those projects that I could never in a million years have come even close to designing.

I'd hoped I would have it finished before the weekend, when BDE and I head to Salty Yarns for two more classes with Jackie. I'm not sure that will happen because I've also (again) decided that I absolutely cannot set deadlines or make plans. I am really trying to enjoy the process instead of being so  first-born-girl-child perfectionistic goal oriented.

Even if it's very difficult to overcome almost seven decades of conditioning.

1 comment:

  1. Your piece looks interesting. I look forward to seeing it finished. I had to laugh at the “first-born-girl-child-perfectionist oriented”. It rings true.

    ReplyDelete