In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

What I Stitched

I showed you the beginning of the Cylinder Needlecase from the class I took from Catherine Theron. There's a little more stitching on it now, and it's going into the schedule when I get back to the schedule.

There were a few days between the first class I took and the second, so I spent some time in the stitching room and worked on Hannah Thornbush.


I filled in leaves and stems. I spent way more time on them than I wanted to, and I'm not particularly happy with the way my satin looks in those spots. At the moment, I'm debating whether to rip them out and re-stitch, or assume that what I'm looking at can't be seen from the back of a galloping horse and leave them alone. I think I'll wait until Sampler Sunday and decide then.

The last two days of the getaway were spent taking a new class from Jackie du Plessis.


I did a lot of stitches on a doodle cloth and took pages of notes, and this is going into the schedule somewhere because I don't want to forget what my notes and doodles mean. There is a lot going on in a small space.

To make space for this, I need to finish up Carmen's Etui, so when I got home, I finished another bit of it.

This will become an appliquéd needlebook on the outside of the etui body.

I've outlined two more of the sections that I need to stitch, and I really hope I can finish them and the final accessory piece today. That could mean I could start the finishing process tomorrow, but I am not making plans.

We all know what happens when I make plans.


2 comments:

  1. Oh all beautiful stitching Ann .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had an incredible time in Williamsburg. I am glad you were able to attend and I happy you are willing to share your experiences. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete