In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, March 25, 2022

Survived

I survived the early hour, the rush hour traffic, and Phase One of the root canal. Apparently, I clenched my jaw, which I didn't know you could do when your mouth is hanging wide open. This means that the tooth and gum don't hurt, but I feel like somebody socked me in the jaw.

And, since I was afraid I would oversleep, I woke up every hour on the hour throughout the night, so I am weary. I did try to take a nap when I got home, but spent time dozing and jerking awake for a couple of hours. That isn't very restful at all.

Based on this, I do not believe it would be a good idea to stitch on anything that requires thought. Actually, I could pull out an ancient needlepoint canvas that requires only a basketweave background and putter with that, but at the moment, I'm grouchy and grumpy and should probably not thread a needle.

Last night, though, I did finish the band I had been working on:

And I got most of the dividing row on the next band stitched:

I think it's time to work on something else, and I believe that I may start the finishing work on Carmen's Etui tomorrow. 

After a decent night's sleep, hopefully.


2 comments:

  1. Oh poor you , but it's almost done now.
    Your stitching looks so pretty and such fine work .
    Have a lovely weekend Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mouth is less painful today and that you could salvage the weekend. Thinking of you, Ann!

    ReplyDelete