In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, March 11, 2022

more vining and twining

When I went to bed last night, I planned to start putting Carmen's Etui together when I got up today.

Then I slept late, much later than I usually do, even as a Lady of Leisure. And that threw my whole day off, plus I had an online lecture that I had signed up for that was being broadcast in the early afternoon.

By the time it ended, I needed to do some Domestic Diva stuff, and by the time that was over, the last thing I could do was assembling anything. Actually, I just wanted to veg in front of the TV with some easy stitching.

So the basic vines are stitched for this panel of Behold Thy Beauty:


 Didn't even need to look at the chart, just stitch, just what my brain was capable of.

Now, of course, I have to embellish the vines with flowers and leaves, which may be just a wee bit more involving than simple repetition. I think I'll look at the design and see how much counting and thinking I'd need to do.

Or I could take my book and stretch out under my nice comfy blankets in my nice comfy bed. That actually sounds pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's nice to stitch simple .
    I have a cold at the moment ,so anything simple is fine for me.
    Enjoy your weekend .

    ReplyDelete