In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Stalking the Mail Carrier

One of my favorite activities is tracking packages and stalking the mail carrier--just slightly like a mini-Christmas throughout the year.

And yesterday I got packages from two of my favorite places. 

Tricia Nguyen opened her online store,  and I have a piece of linen for one project and a piece of linen batiste for another. The newest Frostings box was ordered and will be shipped in October.

And this year's ornament from Rachael Kinnison arrived:


 As all the others in her series have been, this is exquisitely designed with the finest of materials and colors that sing to me.

But meanwhile, I am rummaging for stretcher bars, which Baby Girl needs for a project she's doing. As I have sufficient stretcher bars to build a small log cabin--maybe even a large log cabin--it doesn't make sense for her to buy more. The problem is finding stretcher bars that play well together. Not all of them do.

And I'm doing laundry, and I need to wave the dust cloth around, and it's time to declutter my corner of the living room, and there are bills I need to pay. In short, I'm adulting.

I'd rather stitch.

2 comments:

  1. Your new kit is just beautiful , no wonder you could not wait .
    Can't wait to see the progress .
    I also have many jobs that have to be done today .
    I would rather stitch but that is not going to happen untill tonight. Have fun .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stalking deliveries too! Waving that dust cloth around is such a bother. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete