In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Another motif

 I started on the next-to-last motif in the Tudor class I'm taking.



So far, I've outlined all the greenery but I still have to outline the marigolds. This motif is based on one from the Bacton altar cloth, which was probably embroidered at some point during Elizabeth I's reign.

I have not finished the gold work rose. Because this class is taught primarily on videos, which will be available for only a limited time, I've decided to do enough on each motif so that I would know how to complete it, then move on to the next. That way, I think I'll be able to get the whole project completed even if the videos aren't accessible.

And, since I have the attention span of a gnat, I need to be able to zip from one project to another. I haven't done as much of that as usual, and it's starting to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it's best to catch up with with all the projects before you can't follow the videos any more .
    Nice start on the new one .
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete