In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, August 27, 2021

Bored, bored, bored

 Due to an unforeseen situation, we did not visit Mother today.

So, I thought, I'll have an unexpected day to stitch. 

This is as far as I got when I. Hit. The. Wall.

Seeding stitches is not the most stimulating embroidery to do, unless you're using it to create shading. This motif was not designed to do that, so it just means filling in the space with random stitches. Some of the people in the class are doing other things, which is probably making it much more interesting to do. I'm sticking with the brief as part of the learning experience and as much accuracy as you can get without the same materials.

This may have been an error in judgement, but I think it would look odd if I change now.

So, I put this aside and pulled out the yellow needle case worked all in Queen stitches.

I'm so close to finishing, but I do not believe I can work another yellow Queen stitch today. Or maybe tomorrow. 

So Stitcher's Envelope came out, and I'm to the point I need to work tent stitch around the ribbon design.

Couldn't face that either. And, once again, I'm so close to getting that project finished, so I really should push through.

So, what do you do when nothing appeals?

I generally start another project, but the whole purpose of the projects I've been working on is to get some things out of the basket and finished or finish-finished or both.

Today, I took a nap. 

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment