In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, August 7, 2021

More gold

 Today's task in the Tudor class was to finish couching the gold thread in the places the gold thread needed to be couched.

Not only has it been couched, the tails of the gold thread have been plunged to the back of the work and  were sewn to the back.  I am relieved to have that done. It is a pain to get those thick threads through the velvet and the closely woven muslin backing it. I was muttering under my breath quite a bit during the process.

But here it is as of today:


I have no idea why the gold looks white, other than the light when I took this photo was reflecting, or looked especially bright against the black velvet.

On to the next step . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Ann it looks wonderful , it is so hard to stitch on felt.
    I know the gold must look beautiful even though it won't show up.
    Have fun .

    ReplyDelete