In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, August 23, 2021

Marigold Monday

 I jumped out of bed this morning and worked on the Bacton Marigold motif from the Tudor class.

Actually, I lurched and staggered out of bed, got myself highly caffeinated, and stared at the instructions and piece-in-progress, trying to decide where to start for today's stitching.

Bacton won because it's probably the easiest, and that's about what I felt like this morning. There are days when you know you can defeat the most complicated and fiddliest stitch, and days when you do well to thread a needle.

So this is what I've done:


 The last three sets of chain stitches in the big flower are there, and you can see the seeding. Aside from the "curl" at the bottom of the stem, everything in the flower is filled with seed stitches. Little, tiny, minute seed stitches. Millions of little, tiny, minute seed stitches.

I've decided that my back will only allow me about three hours over the slate frame, so the current plan is to spend Monday and Tuesday mornings with Tudor until it's done. Then I'll do something else in the afternoons and evenings (maybe even some housework). I think that will result in a finish by the end of the year. Hopefully sooner, but I am finally beginning to realize that everything I stitch takes at least five times as much time as I estimated.

So maybe I will need to live to 1385 to get it all done.


1 comment:

  1. Love it Ann ,I can see the gold work it's beautiful , it really stands out .
    Yes you get to know the best days to stitch .
    Yesterday here was so dull here I was getting really mad I wanted to stitch , but it was hard to see .
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete