In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell to 2013

It's almost midnight, and time for the ceremonial dumping of the ort jar.


Times Square may have a Waterford crystal ball, but I have beautiful threads (and a bent thumb tack) cascading into the waste paper basket at midnight.

As a needleworker, I'm much happier to be here, with embroidery in hand, than out with the madding (and maddening) crowds.

Happy New Year to everyone--and a brand new year of projects old and new!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Thanks for posting it. Time to get out the old thread jar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again...brilliantly said.
    Happy Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete