In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bordering on Insanity

I said I wanted to get the leaf-and-vine border for Catherine Theron's Morning Has Broken stitched while I had a four-day week-end.

And I did.


Much to my surprise, I managed to get the long-arm cross and saw tooth borders stitched in as well. By the way, the vine-and-leaf is not plain ole cross stitch--it's actually made up of Smyrna crosses.

Now I get to do the fun stuff in the middle!

However, for what's left of today, I'm going to deck some halls and fa-la-la.

I will say, I don't like it when Thanksgiving is this late--there's simply no time to enjoy the season when you have so few days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't care if the malls and other public areas had Christmas decorations up before Halloween candy was off the shelves--we have a policy of decorating only after the Thanksgiving feast is digested.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fast stitching machine you've been. Can't wait to see the rest of the design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, built for comfort, not for speed--basically plopped myself into the wing chair and stayed there, needle in hand, for a good chunk of four days. If you fix enough Thanksgiving feast, you have enough leftovers to last four those four days!

      Delete
  2. Good policy. That is ours too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! Each holiday should have its due before moving on to the next. And your wonderful progress on Morning Has Broken makes me want to take mine out and give it some serious stitching time!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! Now the fun stuff in the middle! Such a short season this year. So sorry you won't make it to the Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The border is Smyrna Crosses?
    Wow - great progress!

    Our tradition is that DH does NOT want to hear any Christmas music until he has had his turkey dinner. Of course, most years this is not doable. :-)


    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete