In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Strawberries in December

The only way to get local strawberries in December in this hemisphere is to stitch them.  So I did.


I had really hoped to get farther along with Morning Has Broken by now, but I've been getting ready for Christmas instead of stitching. Actually, we had our family get-together this week-end. Baby Girl arrived Friday night, and cooking and baking ensued. Then The Saint brought Mother up today and we feasted and exchanged gifts and then packed everyone up and sent them on their way home. After that, I fell over in the wing chair and have been staring into space ever since.

As I've been staring into space, thoughts of needlework have been dancing in my head. I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to work only on Morning until it's finished, or if I want to rotate among several projects in the new year. I have an ambitious list of projects I'd like to complete in the coming year. I always have an ambitious list of projects I'd like to complete in the coming year, which usually derails about the second week of January.  Much like the days when I made resolutions--I don't do that any longer. But I do still make lists.

And, since I have an entire week of vacation in which to play with my projects, and since we have had our family get-together so Christmas itself will be quiet (and since we have enough left-overs from today's feast to carry us for several days), I have nothing to keep me from spending the next seven days with a needle in my hand.

I just have to decide what project or projects to stick that needle into.

4 comments:

  1. Go for the gusto! Pick what you shouldn't stitch and work on it. You can do your "got to stitch" items another week. This is your vacation and fun week. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be down to just stitching! I am still in prep mode but hope to finish today. I think you should work on whatever you like, without obligation, until you feel the urge to work on something else. I too am a list maker but sometimes we also need to throw away the list! Have fun! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have an overly ambitious list of projects to work on each January. The way I look at it, what gets done, gets done. Enjoy your stitching holiday!

    ReplyDelete