In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Millions of stitches . . .

that I want to stitch . . .and this is what I have to show for two days of class:


I also have a small flower stitched on another piece of fabric, but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment.

This always happens when I go to a workshop. I never get much stitched in class because I'm usually too busy taking notes and listening to the teacher.  There are people who can both stitch and listen, but I usually want to write things down and I've yet to figure out how to write and stitch simultaneously.

There are also people who go back to their rooms and stitch after class. Dearly Beloved seems to think that, since he has had to entertain himself all day, I should go gallivanting with him. And we should go out to dine. I suppose that's only fair.

As usual, though, I've been so inspired by what I've seen and heard that my stitching mojo is on high. Despite the fact that we don't yet have a Christmas tree or the wreath on the door and we haven't done any Christmas shopping, I plan to plop myself down every evening for at least two hours during the season and ply my needle.

After all, Christmas is going to arrive on December 25th whether I am ready or not.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There just aren't enough hours in the day! I have a million things that I want to stitch too. I'm not ready for Christmas either.

    ReplyDelete