In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Such a fascinating life!

No Christmas ornaments were started last night after I posted the picture of the cardinal.

As soon as I arrived home from work, I had to iron shirts for Dearly Beloved so he wouldn't go to work wrinkled. Well, at least his shirt wouldn't be wrinkled.

Then we trooped out in the heat and humidity to visit a small local farmers' markets whose email blast earlier yesterday said that they would have sweet corn at their once-a-week twilight market.

They didn't.

And we were there when they opened at six, so it wasn't like they'd sold out before we got there.

After twenty days of rain, we have finally had two days of sunshine. But that meant the temps rose into the 90's--not surprising for July in the Carolinas. The twenty days of rain, though, meant that the humidity also rose into what felt like the 90's--like walking outside and having a warm, wet blanket dropped on your head.  By the time we tromped around the market and back to the car, we were both more than a little hot and sweaty.

So I showered as soon as we got back home.

We had a quick, very quick dinner (which was supposed to have included fresh corn on the cob but didn't--can you tell I'm still bitter about that?). I blogged about the completely stitched cardinal.

And then I just looked at my stitching pile and the next ornament I planned and said, "Blech."

I actually watched TV with nothing in my hands to work on.

And I won't stitch tonight because I have an ANG meeting and I never get anything stitched at stitching meetings.

So why I am telling you all this boring stuff?  Because I said I was going to blog every day in July and I am. Even if my boring life runs all my readers off!

5 comments:

  1. We've all had days like this where not even a needle in hand appeals. You did the right thing by taking the evening off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping for better luck as I head off to the farmers market in search of corn in about an hour. I don't blame you for being bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been lucky in mid-Florida this year--the fresh corn has been wonderful for at least 4 months. Sorry to gloat, but good sweet corn is really a wonderful experience!

    Ann, don't sweat it (no pun)--we enjoy reading about your life. Thanks for blogging every day this month. It is a real pleasure. Mary Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's warm everywhere and I am ready for winter. Oops, did I say that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It finally flt like NC summer to me yesterday. Ugh. Sorry about the corn :(

    ReplyDelete