In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 1, 2022

Thread Addict

 My name is Ann. I am a thread addict.

Katie Strachan offers a set of green threads that aren't part of the historic range that I've been collecting for the last ten years. I have an idea for a casket that is more contemporary than either Harmony or the family-related design I've been working on--well, more off than on--for awhile. 

Now if she would just come up with a range of pink/rose/mauve shades . . . it's hard to choose colors from a website and get exactly what you want, so I rely on somebody who can see the actual threads to curate them for me.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get myself together for a week at Sassy Jack's. Dearly Beloved is accompanying me to this event. As usual, he is packing as if we were going to leave home for a year rather than a week. One of these days I'll persuade him that there are stores in other places where one can acquire anything one accidentally leaves at home.

Although after 46 years, I should have learned differently . . . 

7 comments:

  1. I love those green threads. Do you use them for cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greens my fave!!! Have fun at SJ's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it came up as Anonymous, but I'm having the same issue with people posting on my blog

      Delete
  3. Wow what a lovely collection of beautiful green threads .
    Enjoy your Saturday , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at Sassy Jack’s. Your greens are fabulous. I am a new follower of Katie Strachin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set of greens! Have a fabulous time at the event at Sassy Jack's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautious greens! (Might you email her to ask about a pink/rose/mauve collection possibility? Nothing ventured.......) Enjoy your week at Sassy Jack's!!

    ReplyDelete