In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 16, 2022

One Down, Two to Go

 The first row of eyelet letters is done, and I was beginning to think I never would get it stitched.

I was trying to figure out why it was taking me so long to stitch eleven letters and a diamond. Well, duh, a cross stitch takes two stitches. An eyelet takes eight stitches.

Then, I'm just a wee bit OCD about working eyelets so that the thread doesn't cross the hole on the back of the work. I'm also a wee bit OCD about the path the stitches travel so that you don't see the threads through the linen on the front of the piece.

Wee bit OCD? I turned the frame over to finish off a thread, and this is what I have.


Try a lot OCD. No wonder it's taking me awhile to get this done!


4 comments:

  1. Perfection, Ann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I am also stitching eyelets, filling in a vine, but to make it worse they alternate in 2 colors. So I am flipping over every stitch to run under the threads of the vine. One trick I have learned, however, that makes them go faster if all one color is to go around halfway on each one all the way around your letter and then going back and doing the second half. It avoids the issue of threads showing through because you are always traveling in one direction. This method has made a difference for me. I can email you an example with the stitches numbered if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful Ann , enjoy your Sunday stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyelets look great, Ann! So does your backside!

    ReplyDelete