In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, July 25, 2022

A New Challenge

Several years ago, Inspirations magazine published a project called Strawberry Fayre. 


 It had a lot of moving parts to the design, and I thought about buying the kit, but somehow didn't get around to it, and the kit sold out. Periodically, I would look at the list of threads and findings and fabrics, and mentally kick myself for not getting a kit when I could.

But, those lovely people at Inspirations put a new kit together, and this time I leaped.

Just to give you an idea of what's involved--here's the inside of the box.

 Like I said, a lot of moving parts.

I pulled out the issue of Inspirations with the directions, and I have to say, I think I'm a little intimidated going to find stitching this a bit of a challenge. There are some stitches I've never done before and the construction is interesting and I have a lot of other challenging things in my pile of current projects. So, I'm taking a deep breath and reminding myself that you just do one step at a time--and after all, it's all just string. And beads.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! My first wip was Blackberry Designs Strawberry Garden - full of specialty stitches I didn't know how to do. I just watched youtube videos and practiced in the margin. Go for it, it's a beautiful design. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get my hands on the pattern, this one would be lovely as an ornament on my Valentine's Day tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Ann it looks beautiful .
    Don't you just love new goodies , have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can do it, Ann! It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Ann, I know you can!!! And, it will be fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it too and yet to start! Judy

    ReplyDelete