In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, May 14, 2022

What I did this week

Last Saturday I took an online class with Catherine Theron with the Orange Coast Sampler Guild.

Today I finished the project.


 Bird in Hand Sewing Companion

Actually, I started to assemble it yesterday, but after a couple of errors, I figured it probably wasn't the best idea to work on finishing on Friday the 13th, so I stopped and puttered around the house for a bit.

I believe I will press the top just a little more--with all the handling  to get the fiddly bits sewn together, I squished it a little. I'd like for it to lie a little flatter, but other than that, I am quite pleased. Then I need to decide what kind of trouble to get into this evening. I don't think I'll stitch any more today--my hands are telling me it's time to take a break.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishing! So fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great , wonderful finish .
    I have a painful hand to , so can only stitch for an hour .
    Hoping it gets better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I just had a class with Catherine yesterday!

    ReplyDelete