In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Another Happy Mail Day

 A second day of stash enhancement!

The Crewel Work Company has been sponsoring a needlework festival for a number of years, and occasionally there are extra kits or extra designs available later for sale. Several years ago, I invested in ornaments that Alison Cole offered, and I took advantage of another designer's work recently.

You open the shipping box, and this is what you see:


Such an elegant presentation!

And then you open the box--it's just like Christmas!--and you find this:


The design is Zina Kaxban's Elizabethan Moth. The instruction book is thorough, complete, and well-illustrated, but if you would like extra help, you can purchase the online class with Zina, or you can contact her directly--the instruction book provides her email address.

And then there are the materials, beautifully and carefully packaged. Luscious colors of silk, shiny metal threads--all the things I love to work with.

I'm trying to stick to my stitching plan for May, but I'm having a very hard time doing it.

A very hard time.


No comments:

Post a Comment