In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Threads every which way

I have working threads strewn all over my linen.

 I'm setting up the panels for the Bird in the Hand Sewing Companion, a Zoom class from Catherine Theron that I took today with the Orange Coast Sampler Guild.

I had thought about getting it all stitched ahead of class--but then I had my second Covid booster. Like the first one, this one didn't make me sick, but it did make me sleepy. As in standing up and leaning against the wall sleepy. As in crossed-eyes sleepy.

As I would much prefer being sleepy to getting Covid, I am not complaining. But, since I'm finally coming out of the fog, I'd like to get the parts of this completed before I forget the nuances of the finishing process.

Assuming I wasn't too sleepy during the class to catch onto those nuances.

3 comments:

  1. Have a good Sunday Ann ,full of lovely stitching.
    Hope you are feeling ok after your jab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool piece you are working on, Ann! Hope the fog continues to lift from your booster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - I got my 2nd booster yesterday and I feel terrible today. Fever and everything hurts. I know it’s a 24 hour thing but it definitely doesn’t lend itself to stitching time!

    ReplyDelete