In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Committed Now

 I've committed to finishing the Bird in Hand needlecase/pin cushion in May. Of this year.

I'm planning to work on this the rest of the day.

So far, my plans for today have not worked out, so I'm not optimistic. I was planning to go to my EGA chapter's weekly stitch-in this morning. I didn't get there because I slept until almost 10, when it's scheduled to start.

Generally I pop out of bed without need of an alarm clock between 7:30 and 8--but night before last, Dearly Beloved was very restless and kept waking me up. He had gone to bed "early" since he had a doctor's appointment at 9:45 yesterday morning. One thing you need to know about Dearly Beloved is that he is a night owl,  and generally stays up until 3 or 4 a.m. This can be a problem if you have an early start planned for a trip, or a morning doctor's appointment--his body just doesn't want to go to sleep when it should. So he tossed and turned and muttered and got up and down. 

And woke me up off and on all night. I was weary all day yesterday, so it's not quite the surprise it should have been when I slept in today.

I used to wonder why my grandparents had separate bedrooms. I finally decided it some kind of Victorian holdover--but now I'm reconsidering that idea.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. Didn't seem like it would take too long, I just need to start mine. Did you do the chain stitch or the reverse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand , my hubby never goes to bed untill after 12.00 .
    And he can't go to bed on tip toes, lights go full on.
    He thinks this is normal .
    So I am use to it now , and I seem to drop of again soon after Hope you have a better day or shall I say night HA,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you missed your guild stitch-in! Your cushion stitch looks good.

    ReplyDelete