In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, September 3, 2021

Oooh, Shiny!

 I finished adding the metal thread to the goldwork motif on the Tudor project today.

There are a couple of things I need to do. 

The first is to restitch the center. One thing I've learned from this class is that things on this silk blend velvet slip and slide, and the center sequin definitely slipped from where it was when I started.

The second is that I need to "groom" the gold purl on the petals. Many moons ago, I took classes from Michele Roberts at EGA and ANG National seminars, and that is where I learned about a tool called a mellore which helps you push real metal threads into submission. In looking at the photo, I can see several places that need to be tamed.

Meanwhile, after hunching over the slate frame most of the day, I definitely need to straighten out my back. Right now, I'm shaped like a C, and C does not stand for comfortable in this instance.

And then I may pick up a different project.

Another facet of retirement just occurred to me. Labor Day is Monday. In my working days, it would have been a day off. Because that gave me a three-day week-end, I used to plan to stitch on a special project since I'd have more time. Now that I'm retired, I can play with special projects any time.

Every day is a holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Looking so beautiful and elegant love your gold work.
    No stitching for me untill tonight we are off to a garden party this afternoon , it's another busy weekend .
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete