In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Distracted

 I fell into a book this week, so stitching was minimal. Craig Johnson's Daughter of the Morning Star arrived this week, and dammit, I'm going to have to wait a year until he publishes the next one to find out the resolution of the cliff hanger.

Anyway, when I could tear myself away from the pages of the book, I finished the stitching for The Stitcher's Envelope by Catherine Theron:


The original plan was to assemble the set as soon as I finished the stitching. In fact, I now have five projects that need assembly sitting by my chair.

The original plan was to just dive in and have a finish-finishing blitz, then get the Tudor project done, then move into a new pile of projects.

BUT, this arrived:

Christmas is Coming, from Barbara Jackson. And, as we all know by now, I have a serious weakness for any project Barbara designs.

There's also a Jackie du Plessis project I'm ready to dive into, and a Marsha Papay-Gomola project excavated from the stash,  and a stump work mirror surround that needs to be stitched, and a whole slew of little projects that would take only a day or so to do.

I guess I should prioritize. Or flip a coin.

2 comments:

  1. Just flip a coin… and then if you don’t like what that comes up with… do what you want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first year I have not purchased the Barbara Jackson project. I'll have to live vicariously through watching you stitch your's.

    ReplyDelete