In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Lack of Industry

 Today was supposed to be a Tudor day.

After yesterday, I didn't feel like doing anything that required focus or concentration. Actually, I was thinking about being a slug, but I did pull out the Stitcher's Envelope. So the borders for the second half of the scissors sheath are done, and I started the nun stitch that will be part of the finishing.



 And then the mail arrived, and I have more temptation--temptation that I hope will be motivation to get some more of my WIP's and PhD's done before I start something new.

I discovered Nicki Franklin's The Stitchery through an article in Victoria Magazine an issue or so ago.  She offers lovely, small designs stitched in soft, faded colors. And one of the designs I found on her website was "No Rabbits Allowed", inspired by Beatrix Potter's Mr. MacGregor's Garden. My fingers moved of their own accord, and it was ordered.

I really planned to stitch my stash in retirement rather than add to it, but some things are just too enticing to avoid!



1 comment:

  1. Good for you Ann.
    It's good that a fingers take over for us ha , and stop our mind thinking do we really need this one .
    If it makes us happy go for it , that's my motto .

    ReplyDelete