In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Stitching In

BDE and I went to our local chapter's once-a-month Sunday stitch-in today, and this is what I did.


I'm filling in the flowers on one of the bands for House on the Hill.

This is perfect stitch-in stitching. It's an easy satin stitch fill-in that I can do while participating in wide-ranging conversations about needlework (of course), and coyotes (why not?) and which people are morning people and which are not.

It has occurred to me that I need to keep a piece like this going at all times for things like stitch-ins and evenings when my hands need to stitch but my brain needs to take a mini-vacation. 

That would be pretty much every evening, come to think of it.

2 comments:

  1. It is one of the reasons I take pieces that need fill in work to stitch groups and/or retreats. Your fill in is looking fabulous, Ann.

    ReplyDelete