In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, July 8, 2024

Monday, Monday

 Is it possible to have a Monday when you're retired?

I've been spinning my wheels all day, with nothing to show for it. No, I'll take that back. I rearranged a cabinet so I could finally unpack a set of china that has been boxed up since the Big Move. (I have a lovely Limoges luncheon set that I treasure, even though it's rarely used. I'm not sure Dearly Beloved and I quite live up to it when we're eating PB&Js and carrot sticks.)

Anyway, I've picked things up and put them down and moved things around and misplaced my magnifiers and found them again and thought about balancing my checkbook and deciding against that since it's a Monday.

I would have just given up and  been a lump, but this lovely thing arrived in today's mail.

Nope, not going to start it right away, but I am going to read over the directions and stroke the silk and think about it for awhile.

And hope Monday turns out to be a fairly short day.

2 comments:

  1. You gave me a good laugh, this morning thank you.
    Love your new buy , enjoy.
    Here we are having more rain and more rain and more rain.
    Can't even see to stitch , it's so dark .
    The sun is missing full time , so far this summer 5 full sunny days. Have fun , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, thanks for the chuckle! We all have days like that; mine tend to hit at random times. Your new acquisition looks delightful. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete