In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 26, 2024

Going for the Gold

 Except for the body and the antennae, my butterfly is stitched.

Most of it was done while I was watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics this afternoon. I had a brief and fleeting thought that perhaps I should try to stitch a motif for each day of the Olympics, but I stomped that idea flat. 

Stitching plans never work for me, as we all know.

Anyway, I had four threaded needles going, plus all the strands of gold passing thread which then had to be plunged to the back and sewn down. By the time I finished doing all that, I felt like I had competed in the Olympics.

I may look for something really simple to stitch tonight, something definitely non-Olympic.

4 comments:

  1. Your work is always so very beautiful, this is really lovely. I hope that the second bookcase doesn't cause you any more back problems........good luck with that! I look forward to seeing how many projects you manage during olympics, Elaine in UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words--I appreciate them.
      Actually, I avoided "helping" with this bookcase other than staying completely out of the way. I have learned my lesson!
      And we'll see how much I can stitch while the competitions are going on. Who knew kayak slalom racing could be so fascinating!

      Delete
  2. The butterfly looks beautiful , enjoy your weekend , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly's wing is gorgeous, Ann. Well done!

    ReplyDelete