In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Domestic Affairs

 I had hoped to have this band on Carmen finished by now.

Dearly Beloved has had other plans.

At the moment, he is planning to assemble two bookcases, which requires me to stand nearby, ready to hand things to him as needed. We have also taken my car in for inspection and servicing, which I could have done on my own--I would have enjoyed some peace and quiet in the waiting room for a couple of hours. Then there is the trip to the grocery store tomorrow. I like to make a list and grab what I need and go home. He likes to sightsee, up one aisle and down the next. (As there are no babies in our lives, I'm not sure why that includes the baby supply aisle, but apparently you never know when you might see something you need there.)

Anyway, I have my annual physical on Friday. I do not want to see what my blood pressure is unless I get some time to stitch between now and then.


2 comments:

  1. Domestic affairs always put a twist in things. I grocery shop like you and usually leave the mister home because while he doesn't always wander every aisle, the bill is likely to be 2-3 times more. Hope your annual physical goes smoothly on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is looking beautiful .
    I make a list and send hubby out shopping , boy he brings some strange things .
    He started being careful with what he was buying .
    Now he over spends and comes home with everything he loves , with the odd bunch of flowers for me.
    Have a fun Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete