In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Bad Words

The air has turned blue around my frame stand today.

Quite frankly, if I could get my hands on dear, sweet, little Carmen, I would wring her dear, sweet, little neck.

I worked on part of the border today, just to get it out of the way. Carmen seemed to work the border randomly--there's no rhyme or reason to the spacing or placement of the stems and leaves--every single one has a different number of threads between them. 

And I did something I rarely, if ever do. I dragged the thread from one to another instead of weaving through the back of the stem, just to make some of the counting easier.

Carmen has been placed in time-out for the rest of the day. Hopefully she will behave better tomorrow.

2 comments: