In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

One band after another

Apparently I needed to have a tired and cranky day, but then I actually slept fairly well last night (exhaustion finally kicked in) so today has been much better.

Or it's Tuesday rather than Monday.

Anyway, today I have stitched. I stitched while listening to a couple of flosstubes and I stitched while attending our EGA Region's virtual stitch-in. And this is what I've done so far today:


 Carmen has another motif almost finished, which started me thinking. I'm enjoying these filling motifs, but I'm also going to have to tackle the borders along the sides before I go much further. Maybe I should work on the outer borders for a bit--get them out of the way--then work on the center band again. Sort of like eating your carrots before you can have dessert. I will think on it a little more, but I believe that's what I'll do.

And I only have to fill in three more flowers for the second band for House on the Hill and then it will be ready for assembly. Having an easy project to do during stitch-ins and Zoom meetings seems to be working out really well. I do have to admit I was hoping this one would last a little longer, but it just means that I need to see what's in my pile of projects that I can move to before the next Zoom thing.

I think I will go back to Carmen for a little longer today. BDE is coming over for tacos tonight, which Dearly Beloved is going to fix, so I can stitch the rest of the day.

MUCH better than Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Your Tuesday sounded like it was an awesome day. Yum on tacos!

    ReplyDelete