In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, March 4, 2024

That was the Week that Was

I'm home again.

As usual, I took the laptop with all good intentions to blog while I was gone. As usual, I didn't. And, as usual, what I thought I was going to accomplish, I didn't.

No more plans.

I planned to stitch in the stitching room all week. Instead, I caught up with old friends' lives, made new friends, laughed a lot , went out to dinner, and poked at my projects a little. I hit snags on both projects I took to work on, figured out one, gave up on the other until I was home and could get over my snit, and shopped.

This is the little bit I did on Carmen. 

 Bless her heart, little Carmen didn't space the berries and leaves consistently, so each one has to be counted. And counted again. Talking and laughing are not conducive to accurate counting.

And remember how I said if the class project was supposed to come my way, it would?

It did.

Amy Mitten was the teacher for this class, and she had a couple of extra kits. Yes, I know I was going to stitch from stash this year. I am weak.

And then I cam home, and there was happy mail.

This is the kit for Martha Edlin's ornament--just look at those luscious colors! And don't forget, Tricia is offering a wonderful online class on Martha's life and needlework for the low, low price of $15, $5 of which goes to the V&A. It is an amazing piece of research that changes the way we should view the lives of women of her time.

And last, but definitely not least, another hornbook from Barbara Jackson. This will go with last year's Littlest Pilgrim hornbook. Actually, I may frame that up and stitch on it a bit today.

After I finish unpacking and doing laundry and dealing with re-entry and deciding what to cook for dinner.  In short, back to my regular rut.


4 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good time in Williamsburg. I am sure it is hard to resist shopping for goodies; especially the beautiful charts and floss you got. I love the border on Carmen too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had loads of fun. don't worry about the stitching , you will catch up . Always better to have fun with friends . hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen is looking good, Ann. It definitely sounds like you had a wonderful time during your stay in Williamsburg especially with reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. Glad you were able to snag the class kit; it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally understand you caving and buying that kit!!!!

    ReplyDelete