In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Fear of Failure

 I've started finishing, and I am filled with fear and trepidation.

Tell me about a technique I've never done, and I'm right there at the head of the line to try it. Show me something that needs to be ripped out, and I have no problem. Well, maybe I have a problem, but I do it because it needs to be done.

Show me something that needs to be put together and I have to take a deep breath before I take the first step. I'm so afraid I'm going to mess it up that I will look for all kinds of excuses to avoid it. Today I went to the grocery store with Dearly Beloved and read the EGA magazine, NeedleArts, from cover to cover.

But if I want to have stitching toys, I eventually have to assemble them.

So, I'm taking that deep breath.

5 comments:

  1. I agree , you can do anything you want to .
    Have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, you can do it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it. I don't love finishing either, but I take step by step and know it will all be OK. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm reading this late but - you CAN do it!!!

    ReplyDelete