In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Bumping into Walls

 Daylight Savings Time started and I have a toothache. If dreadful things come in threes, I'm waiting for the third one to hit.

Oh, wait, it did. I mis-cut the pockets for the needle roll I'm supposed to be putting together. I think I can salvage it, but that may be a delusion caused by sleep disturbances. It's bad enough to lose an hour of sleep for some misguided plan to give us more light in the evenings (despite 20 years of sleep science telling us that we need to have the sun where and when it's supposed to be, otherwise our circadian rhythms get all screwed up)--but to have a tooth implode is something above and beyond necessary.

All will be well--maybe not with the finishing--but I am on antibiotics for the tooth and my "old" dentist can work me in for a probable root canal on Monday.  And, luckily, that is the break day between classes with Jackie du Plessis at Sassy Jack's. Instead of getting to stitch with my buddies, Dearly Beloved and I will be heading to my old stomping grounds. I am busy making lemonade out of lemons, since we figured if we leave early enough, we can have lunch at our very favorite Japanese restaurant before the dentist sees me.

And I have done a little bit of stitching.

This is going to be a pocket for Merry Cox's House on the Hill project. 

It has been aging in my stash for 25 years.

25 years.

Two and a half decades.

That's definitely long enough. 

Do not even mention plans, or rotations, or schedules of any sort. Once again, Epic Fail with programming my needlework.



3 comments:

  1. Oh no I hate seeing the dentist , I have to go next month.
    Sorry about the cutting , but your work looks beautiful .
    Enjoy your meal. hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Ann!!! Sorry about your "trials and tribulations". Hope the dentist can ease your pain and take care of that tooth. Hope you can salvage the pocket. I'm visiting my daughter in Brevard this weekend.....sure wish SJ was open!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer on the tooth, but glad your old dentist is able to fit you in! I do hope the pocket is salvageable. I wish they would stop messing with the clocks and pick one or the other. My preference is standard time.

    ReplyDelete