In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Roses and Leaves

I really thought I could get the whole button pouch that goes with Gardenesque stitched in a day.  I really did. So I took a day away from unpacking boxes and stitched all day.

It was wonderful.

But I didn't get the whole thing stitched.

The rosebuds did me in.

As usual, everything takes longer than I think it should. The rosebuds, which I have stitched so many times on this project that I no longer have to look at the chart, took longer than all the counting involved in the outline.

But it's done now.


Now I just have to locate the sewing box that everything fits into, and I can start the finishing process. It should be in one of three places. I can get to two of them--the third is blocked off by more boxes. This may mean that I will be unpacking boxes to get them out of the way and won't be assembling anything today.

Anyway, last night I decided I could start a new, new project, and Barbara Jackson's Littlest Pilgrim Hornbook came out to play.


I started to write that I bet I could get a lot of this completed today if I stitched all day. 

Isn't that how I started this entry?

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting the rosebuds finished, Ann! Your new start is looking good. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete