In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

going buggy

 I seem to be fascinated by bugs at the moment.

My little bee needs her wings, but the turkey work is finished and clipped. I see a few spots that I could trim a little more, but there comes a point at which you can get carried away. I do not need or want a bald bee, so I think I'm going to leave her alone. Other than stitching her gauzy wings, of course.


My caterpillar now has its grass completed. I have to do some outlining--including a section done with peacock feathers!!!!--and then this section of the project will be done.

However, lest you think I've gone completely bug-nutz, I did fix my flame stitch section and started filling it in.

I love the brocade effect the stitches give this bargello pattern, but I've found I do need to watch the chart to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Which leads me to this dilemma . . . I have several Zoom things coming up, and none of the things in my current workbasket lend themselves to stitching and talking, not even the bargello pattern. 

I believe this gives me permission to start something else.

Like I need permission to start another project!


2 comments:

  1. You know I love that bumblebee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bee looks amazing, Ann. The caterpillar is looking good as well. The flamestitch piece is pretty. So, which project are you going to start so you have something to work on during your Zoom things?

    ReplyDelete