In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Never Mind

 Not much stitching has happened since my last post. I've been stocking the bookshelves in my stash room, and I've started unpacking the stash and stowing it in various cabinets and on various shelves.

As I was packing up my needlework books and projects for the Big Move, I said to myself that I have enough. I have more than enough. I never need to add another project or book to my already overflowing stash. I was going to just stop adding to it. I've repeated that as I've started unpacking it all.

I lied.


The Crewel Work Company sponsors a lovely needlework event, one that I would love to attend. Meanwhile, occasionally, they have additional kits from previous events which they sell after the event. This was one of them--they only had twelve of them, and I was able to snag one. It arrived this morning. 


Then Mary Corbett had a sale on books. I've been looking at these two publications from Inspirations for awhile, but talked myself out of them every time I was tempted. But Mary offered them at a discount, and I wouldn't have to pay for shipping from Australia, so I succumbed.

So, am I diving into new projects?

Nope, because as I've unpacked things, I keep finding project bags which have completely embroidered pretties that haven't been turned into anything, and class projects that I've started in the last couple of years that I'd like to have stitched, and some treasures that I forgot I had (like three Merry Cox kits that have never been touched). 

I have filled two baskets with things I want/need to work on, and I'm going to see what I can get done between now and the end of the year.

Of course, I know of several new things that are going to be offered in the fairly near future, and I've signed up for seven (seven!!!) new classes in September and October.

I have two obsessions: stitching needlework projects and collecting needlework projects. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm a collector too!!! We could collect much worse things@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your obsession is the same as mine! And love unearthing projects....Merry ones are my favorite. What did you find?

    ReplyDelete