In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

slow . . . very slow

Look at this very tiny band:


There are three different kinds of stitches in this thing:  diagonal cross stitch, reversible cross stitch, and double running. This is one thread's worth.

That may be as far as I get with this one for a few days. Although I no longer have to sit very still with my eyes shut and my hands clenching the arms of the wing chair to keep from hurtling off the surface of the earth, I'm still a little woozy. I have made it into the office and lived to tell the tale, but doing anything more complicated than maybe the background on a piece of needlepoint is quite possibly beyond my capabilities. This little bit of a motif took over an hour--mainly because of reverse stitching.

And I may be off the grid for the week-end. I have to make a command appearance at a family thing, and I'm not sure if I'll have internet. I'm not sure I'll be able to stitch, depending on what social engagements have been planned. I'm taking a couple of projects--I can't leave home without at least a couple of projects--and the laptop--but whether anything will see the light of day is unforeseen.

1 comment: